Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dang Technology

I woke up fairly early today to grade papers. I have many many essays and short stories to grade, and I was looking forward to getting them off my plate. Trying to be green and tech-savvy this year, I have decided to use turnitin.com to grade all of my papers. Instead of collecting physical copies, my students submit their papers online, I grade them online, and they get feedback and peer edit online. It allows me to make more substantive comments on their papers without spending the entire class after papers are returned translating my handwriting. For the most part, it's worked like a charm. I get to essentially bring home 100 papers without carrying a heavy bag full of paper cuts waiting to happen.

Today, when I logged on to turnitin.com to get my grading done, this message:

Turnitin is currently down for routine system maintenance and upgrades. The service will be available again at 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (6:00 PM Coordinated Universal Time).

Looks like I have a leisurely morning ahead of me. Hey, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment