Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shaking the Spear

I am tired. It's been a busy year. I have a stack of papers to grade stalking me. I am very much in need of some extra enthusiasm and energy. Wizard needs food badly.

Today, I got just what The Doctor (the one with the TARDIS, not a stethoscope) ordered: my Shakespeare unit started today. Oh, teaching Shakespeare to freshmen. It's why I got into this biz. We have so much fun performing in class with fake swords, biting our thumbs at each other. Romeo and Juliet! The passion! The tragedy! The sexual innuendo! The crappy DiCaprio movie! Epic. This is the stuff book nerds' dreams are made of. I hope every year to hook someone the way I got hooked on this stuff when I was their age. At the very least, I know that I'll be having a good time.

Have 80 minutes to spare and looking for some entertainment? If you've not seen it, watch THIS VIDEO. It's the complete works of Shakespeare in one performance. Still remember all of the jokes from watching it in Ms. King's class. Genuinely funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment